Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Karachi Diary. Part Seven: Stomaching Woes

One of the things I didn't want to do on this trip was to eat at places like Xanders, Aylanto, Cocochan, etc. reason being that I wanted to have the more local things like Hanifia, Hot N Spicy, Mr. Burger, Bar B.Q Tonight, Karachi Broast, etc. I did, however, wanted to have Test Kitchen and Café Flo. Test Kitchen because the last time I was in Karachi - about four years ago - we had some really good sandwiches there and my son had been raving about it all this time, so I wanted to take him there again. Café Flo because four years ago I was there but did not have their potatoes au gratin and had been beating myself for that the past four years. Also, both are supposably (yes, I wrote that again), two of the best eateries Karachi has to offer. 

I spent most of my meals in Karachi (except for that one I wasted at Xanders) eating at local eateries and I had an upset stomach almost all the time that I was there, which is why I needed a steady supply of the following:



One of the ways in which I was able to figure out which food that I had that made my stomach gurgle the worst was using the Last In, First Out (LIFO) and First In, First Out (FIFO) philosophies. If, at the end of the day, I was puking, the last food that I had was the culprit, as it was last food in, first food out. If, at the end of the day, I was pooping liquid, it was the first food that was so blame, as it was the first one in but the last one out. It's basic biology. 

Anyhow, things got so busy and hectic that I was not able to find any time to go to either Test Kitchen or Café Flo until my second last day there. We decided to go to Test Kitchen for breakfast and then Café Flo for dinner. 

Only problem was that, at the end of the day, I was both puking and pooping liquid. 

No comments: