Monday, January 14, 2008

Why Blog and First Post

This has been purely instinctive, what instincts were involved that I can't verily say. Verily, you might wonder? Who uses verily in a sentence? And who questions his own sentence in a sentence immediately following the previous sentence? For now, its just me, Omer, trying very hard to find some thing to write on this first post.

What is this blog all about, you might think when you come here? Well, to tell you the truth (as opposed to making things up on the spur of the moment, which is what I usually do when I write), I really don't have much to tell you. This is just a place where I want to document and share my thoughts and experiences about and in the city I live in. Its called Karachi and it is the biggest city (both in terms of geometry and statistics) in Pakistan. What is so different about my blog? How does it compare to all the other blogs about Karachi that are out there, or not out there, or in here, somewhere? I have no idea and I don't know no god damned code. I just want to keep things simple and maybe probably humorous, by observing and strictly reporting the lighter sides of this city of lights, some of which are off right now due to loadshedding (which is a fancy word they give to our regular power outages).

So here is my first thought: It was quite bright and sunny yesterday. That was where most of the light came to Karachi's side, from the bright and sunny sun.

More later...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I once went on tour, in Karachi, taking pictures of all the different and interesting beggars. It was a fascinating and amazing experience and it also turned out some of the best pictures ever. I guess my point is that what many see as an eye-sore in Karachi turned into one of its most interesting parts for me. One of those "eye of the beholder" type things.

Anonymous said...

you asked.
i came.
:)
your intentions of keeping this blog lighthearted while writing about karachi... something like what i decided 3 years ago.
the fun part about blogging is that once you have documented your days- you go back to read what you wrote a year ago and compare it to what you feel and think now. its cool.
:) good luck!

sheandher338 said...

who is this kay and why is she stealing the first alphabet of my name? or he. i lahvz tha blogz. :D

Anonymous said...

Love your work Omer. Please give us more